She said YES to the dress
With the biggest day of my life quickly approaching, our trip to New York was nothing short of surreal. I couldn't have chose a better place, with better people by my side to find my special dress. Before visiting New York to find my gown I must say it was a bit intimidating, so I wanted to share a few tips for shopping for your big day. We visited NYC in search of the perfect wedding gown, and that is EXACTLY what we found!
1. Early bird gets the worm! We scheduled the first appointment of the day and had the luxury of choosing all the gowns first. We also scored the biggest room!
2. Know what you like: You know what looks good on your body more than anyone. Don't forget while choosing your dream gown, it displays your personality.
3. Seasons/Themes: Your dress needs to match the vibe of your wedding. For example, you wouldn't want to pick a couture gown for a 'summer bohemian' wedding.
4. Do your research: Before going to any bridal boutiques, do your research and make sure you like their style dresses. I knew Kleinfeld Bridal had a ton of dresses that I would love.
5. ENJOY it: This was one of the best trips I've ever been on. I had my best friend, my mom, and Aunt Shirley. Being bridezilla is so last year. Be positive! Don't lose sight of what's really important - You and your husband becoming one with God as your leader.
6. Don't Tell: Once you've found your dream gown, delete the evidence off your phone. Don't give any details so everyone can be surprised. The dress is a statement and you can't make one if everyone knows. The style, material, brand, and price is 100% confidential.
Things to do in NYC?
Central Park Pedicab Tours are a must-do. We laughed so hard and had the best view of the city. Instead of taking a taxi to Central Park, we rode in the Pedicab to the park and did the 1 hour tour. Put this on your bucket list!
Whit + Mariel